We live in a world where:
- Kids watch other kids play with toys on YouTube.
- A Tylenol at your local hospital costs $99.
- People are walking off of cliffs because of cell phone applications.
- Our vehicles now text us when there’s a problem.
- Everyone’s offended.
- Football players kneel to protest the world they live in.
- American Indians don’t kneel to protest the world they live in.
- We’re now confused by which bathroom is ours.
- People literally panic when their social media website is down.
- Have you seen the Starbucks menu lately?
Look, my point here is pretty simple. Quit being so lazy. I hear you bitching about Wal-Mart not working enough cashiers, and I’ll raise you people using the self-checkout lines at Wal-Mart. It’s either/or, not both. Companies will continue to bend you over and sock a willy to you as long as you let them. Don’t want to see your local grocery store shutter? Support the damn place by not ordering your groceries from Amazon. Oh, and if you’re not an American Indian and you live in the United States, you can save the “woe is me” story. Put the phone/tablet/TV remote down. Pick the book up. You may just like the results.